Who’s Hungry? Christmas Recipes to Elevate your Dessert Plate
Here at Gordon Water Systems, we know that although we certainly need it to survive and thrive, man cannot in fact live on water alone. And what better time to focus on food than the holiday season! With that in mind, we’d really love to share with you some recipes that we will be digging into on our own Christmas dinner tables.
Dutch Sand Cookies
1/2 lb Butter
1 C Powdered Sugar
2 1/4 C Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar together
- Add flour, baking soda and vanilla
- Role into 1 1⁄2” diameter log
- Chill for 4 hours
- Use a sharp knife to cut into thin slices (1⁄8”)
- Bake @ 350 ̊F for 10-12 minutes
Peanut Butter Logs
6 C Powdered Sugar
1/2 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 lb Butter (room temp)
1 T Vanilla
4+ T Peanut Butter
12 oz bag of Chocolate Chips
- Mix up everything minus the chocolate chips in a LARGE bowl (Hands are kind of fun)
- Make the buttery sugary goodness into logs the sizes you want to have and even make some small bite size balls.
- Chill the logs and balls for about an hour or two.
- Melt the chocolate chips (slowly) in a pan or microwave and spoon over the logs and balls as you like.
- After the chocolate hardens cut the logs into slices that make for good bite sized treats.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Eat them to your heart’s content
Just a couple of sweet treats to help take your Christmas festivities to the next level! But, to diverge for a moment and take a more serious note, we want to thank every last one of you for making this year a success for us. We have truly been blessed this year by your outpouring of support and patronage, and we are very grateful.
We sincerely wish you all a very merry Christmas, and we hope you are able to get some wonderful time with your families.
See you in 2020!